New and upgraded OFW programs are introduced by Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) to OFWs. One of their very helpful program is the livelihood program for returning OFWs.
“Balik Pilipinas! Balik Hanapbuhay!” is a program for OFWs who are staying in the Philippines for good. The program will provide business training, starter kits, and cash assistance to OFWs so they can start their own business in the Philippines.
It can be recalled that this program previously provides PhP10,000 to start their business. Now, the program is upgraded, providing PhP20,000 to the entire package. BPBH is totally different from the reintegration loan program of OWWA, wherein an OFW is entitled to a loanable amount of PhP2,000,000 which will be pain in a span of 7 years.
“Balik Pilipinas! Balik Hanapbuhay!” Package for returning OFWs include:
- PhP20,000 package assistance
- Business Development Training
- Market linkages from the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) and Department of Agriculture (DA)
OFWs eligible for this program:
- Active/Inactive OWWA members
- OFWs who have returned to the Philippines for good
- OFWs that are victims of human trafficking and illegal recruitment
- OFWs who worked for employers who experienced financial problems
- OFWs displaced from work due to war
- OFWs who experienced distressing situations while working abroad.
REMINDER: OFWs should avail of this program one year after coming back to the Philippines.
OWWA administrator Hans Leo Cacdac hopes that BPBH will make OFWs the boss of their business.
“The essence of BPBH is to teach OFWs to be their ‘own bosses,’ hence teach them the value of ‘self reliance’ and eventually ‘self-esteem,” says Cacdac. “Hopefully they are able to change their own transformation from being OFWs into entrepreneurs.”
The Balik Pilipinas! Balik Hanapbuhay! Program of OWWA gives a profound opportunity for OFWs to start something new in the Philippines. For added info, you can visit the official website of OWWA.