Good news to all returning OFWs! No more OEC or Balik Manggagawa Certificate for OFW! As per the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), you can now get your iDOLE OFW ID card.
Returning OFWs who would like to get their ID cards can simply login to their individual Balik-Manggagawa (BM) online accounts and request for the OFW ID.
For the meantime, iDOLE OFW ID is available for returning OFWs only. However, it is expected that this restriction will get lifted over time, as stated by DOLE Secretary Silvestre Bello III.
“This is only the first phase of implementation and will cater to our Balik-Manggagawa (BM) until the system is ready for all OFWs. We are doing this to secure the database and for further improvements in the system,” says Bello.
How To Get The OFW Card
- Log-in to the official website of iDOLE (https://idole.ph)
- Type in your valid and possibly the latest Overseas Certificate (OEC) Number.
- Request for an OFW iDOLE card.
Advantages of iDOLE OFW card
- It exempts you from travel tax and terminal fees in case you’re travelling abroad.
- Allows you to cut short the processing time when processing important documents. OFWs only has a limited time when vacationing in the Philippines.
iDOLE OFW ID card is FREE
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) has advised the public that OFW IDs are free of charge.
“This is free for our OFWs. We do not want our OFWs to shoulder the cost because this is a gift from the President to recognize their sacrifices and immense contribution to our economy,” says Silvestre Bello III.
iDOLE aims to link the database of several government agencies and DOLE offices. This move will create a comprehensive and reliable Labor Market Information System.